Sunday, January 31, 2010

Birthday Trip to Vegas

“Happy Birthday make a mess, Happy Birthday wear a dress, “is the text message I got from my sister the night before we depart for Vegas. If this is any indication, Vegas won’t know what hit it! Why you ask?
Because first, It’s the Annual Girl’s Birthday trip.
Second, my sister turns 30.
Third, my sister, drunk, in Vegas!!! My sister is the type that will grab your drink and finish it if you are taking too long to finish it yourself. You may ask what is too long. Well, to my sister if you are sipping on your cocktail of choice like a sophisticated lady instead of guzzling it like a freshman sorority girl, then you are taking too long. Just think, if you are gambling, the drinks are free, which will equal a very drunk Rachel!!
Fourth, two redheads and one Italian, experiencing Vegas together in adulthood. My sister and I were both in Vegas together once, but we both were still wearing kids clothes. I have been to Vegas twice in adulthood, and Daniela has been to Vegas a few times in adulthood as well. But, we will be going together this time.
We arrive noon Vegas time on Friday and leave at 11 pm Sunday night. I don’t feel like doing the math on how many hours that is, because frankly I woke up at 5:30 AM and am on a plane (posting when I change planes in Houston, cause NO Continental Airlines doesn’t have wifi), and haven’t had enough coffee to make my brain function yet.
Oh yeah, and I strategically picked seat 1A on my flight to Houston so that I could be the first off the plane. I am a person that really hates waiting (trying to work on the patience thing in life, flying patience will be attended to later), so I like to sit as close to the door as possible so that I can get off the plane quickly and not have to wait for all the slow people to get their luggage out of over head bins. Well, due to some weight balance issues they had to move people. Okay, just me! I am not sure if I should be offended that my weight is throwing off an entire airplane. Hmmmm…..

No comments: