Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Umemployment

If you are unemployed and completely going insane from the boredom, I will let you in on some good ways to pass the time.

1. Week one, I cleaned and rearranged the garage. I gathered all the things I need to yard sale, and re boxed everything in Rubbermaid boxes.

2. If you are in between seasons the way I was when I was laid off, I spent a day switching my wardrobes of winter to spring. I also used this time not only to switch out seasons, but also to clean my closet, I pulled EVERYTHING out and started over, and organized things by button downs, cardigans, pull overs, polo's, etc. I feel so less panicky when looking at my closet now. I learned on watching "What not to Wear" that if your closet in clean and organized, you won't feel like you have nothing to wear when you open the doors. When it's cluttered, you are overwhelmed with the clutter, and then you feel that you have nothing to wear and go spend money on something you probably have something similar to! And we know if you are unemployed like me, you don't need to spend excess money.

3. Cook. I love to cook, but when I was working it was hard to have the time when I got home to try new recipes. I have been baking a lot to. Being at homes helps me eat better, I am not going out to lunch a few days a week, a lot of fruit and veggies!

4. WORK OUT- You are going to be going on interviews and you will need to look good. The first week, I was still a little down and out and didn't want to leave my house, but after that, I decided that I wasn't going to get fat over this. Being unemployed gives me a lot of time to go to the gym and I try for at least 45 minutes of cardio a day then light weights, or squeeze in a few classes.

5. My dog Gus is loving me being at home, we go on long walks, in which he really walks me, because he is so excited to be out and about during the middle of the day. His little waist line is getting thinner because he gets more walks.

6. Read more- I love to read, but when I got home from work I didn't feel like reading. So I am spending more time between the pages.

Hope this helps if you are unemployed and bored out of your mind!!

No comments: