Tuesday, April 28, 2009

United Airways and Fat people




I recently saw and article on Charlotte.com stating that United Airlines is going make obese people purchase two seats on the next flight, if the flight they are on is full and there are no extra seats available or a first class seat isn't available (these seats have more room to accomodate).



Here is the LA Times article, I couldn't find the Charlotte Observer article. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-united-obese16-2009apr16,0,3361939.story?track=rss




Here is my issue... So if I am on a flight, and coach is full (where I would be sitting) and I am seated by a 450lb person, and it is crowded, and there is a seat if first class that is empty. Would United move the fat person to first class, therefore leaving the seat next to me empty...or move me to first class so the fat person could have two seats? I am going to go ahead and point out that moving the fat person to first class is WRONG!!! Why reward them for chowing down on twinkies and McDonalds? Don't reward people for being obese!! Also I think it would be less embarassing to the fat person, if you tell the other person there is a seat in first class and lie and say that "you were next on the upgrade list" that way no one has to know that you are moving people around to accomodate a large person.


I get annoyed with tall people complaining on airplanes about not having enough leg room. Why don't you book an exit row seat? I seem to always get exit row seats, I just like the extra room. It's not hard, just don't procrastinate when checking in, there is on average AT LEAST 6 exits row seats, most likely more!


I could go on and on about plane etiquette. When I have more time, I will write about that!

No comments: