Monday, January 26, 2009

Amarillo Sky- How I will always think of my dad.



He gets up before the dawn;Packs a lunch an' a thermos full of coffee.It's another day in the dusty haze;Those burnin' rays are wearin' down his body.The diesels worth the price of gold;It's the cheapest grain he's ever sold,But he's still holdin' on.He just takes the tractor another round,An' pulls the plow across the ground,And sends up another prayer.He says: "Lord, I never complain, I never ask: 'Why?'"Please don't let my dreams run dry,"Underneath, underneath this Amarillo Sky."That hail storm back in '83,Sure did take a toll on his family.But he stayed strong and carried on,Just like his Dad and Granddad did before him.On his knees every night,He prays: "Please let my crops and children grow,"'Cause that's all he's ever known.He just takes the tractor another round,An' pulls the plow across the ground,And sends up another prayer.He says: "Lord, I never complain, I never ask: 'Why?'"Please don't let my dreams run dry,"Underneath, underneath this Amarillo Sky."[Instrumental Break]An' he takes the tractor another round. (Another round.)Another round. (Another round.)Another round.An' he takes the tractor another round, another round.He says: "I never complain, I never ask: 'Why?'"Please don't let my dreams run dry,"Underneath, underneath this Amarillo Sky."Underneath this Amarillo Sky."

No comments: