Friday, June 5, 2009

Lumsden Farms- North Carolina Branch

Well apparently "I got it from my.." Daddy. Farming skills that is! I am currently growing two tomato plants in one large clay pot and two squash plants in another container on my back deck. I am happy to report good things, I currently have two tiny baby tomato's dangling from the vines, I mean they kind of look like little dingleberries right now, but very very cute!! Also I learned how squash grow...green plant, flowers, then when the flowers open up, little yellow "things" coming out of the center. I am so excited that I am going to fresh veggies this summer. I decided to take things slow and start with tomato's and squash next year I will branch out.
Everyone is complaining about all the rain, but my 'mater and squashy plants are doing happy dances!!

No comments: