Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What is Love

Today is Valentine's Day, what does it mean to you?



I know many single people dread this day, and mostly because they focus on the wrong things (I was there once). Instead making Valentine's Day the focus on relationships, make the focus about LOVE.



Love for your family, Love for your friends, pets, life....



If you don't have someone special to spend the day with, just think there may be a pet at the shelter thinking the same thing or an elderly person at the nursing home. The happiest you'll ever be in life is when you share your love to someone else. Not just a spouse, but everyone you come in contact with. Sharing your love to someone that has nothing, brings love and light into both of your lives.



So instead of focusing on not having a boyfriend or husband sending you flowers and gift, focus on what really matters in this world....LOVE.



Valentine's day is special to me for three reasons-



First, in 2008, I was single. I was at work, not really caring about the day, and certainly not expecting any type of delivery. I got a call from the receptionist that I had a delivery. I went downstairs to find a vase with three roses and a balloon, with a card showing they were from my Daddy. I was floored, he'd never sent me flowers before.



Second, since I was seeing my sister for our annual birthday trip at the end of January 2009, I decided to give my sister a Valentine's card for my dad since I would be liable to forget to mail it. Early Sunday morning of that trip my sister and I got a call to come home, my dad had an accident. Thursday of that same week we buried him. In his hands I placed that Valentine's day card. I had already written and sealed the card before that Sunday call.



Third, when we were cleaning out his vehicles at somepoint, I found a Valentine's day card he'd already bought for me, but hadn't been signed and sealed. The message on the card screamed that it was for me...it was quite funny. We certainly thought alike! Valentine's Day card for each other way early...I was a Daddy's girl and loved (and love) that man dearly.



So Valentine's Day holds a special day in my heart. Hope you have a special day and share your love with someone.

No comments: