Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Made from Scratch Cake in 5 Minutes-NOT A MYTH!

Only thing now standing in between me and made from scratch chocolate cake is five minutes. Yes, I repeat, FIVE minutes!! Crazy, right?! Here's the kicker...it's made in a coffee mug, in the microwave!

Here's the secret recipe.
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg beaten
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Reason most people don't make a chocolate cake on every whim they get is because of several things. One, they don't have all the ingredients that the recipe calls for. The scary part for this recipe is on a daily basis ALL the ingredients for this recipe are in my house. Two, when you start to crave chocolate cake, you kind of want it right then, not an hour from now, and most times you don't even want to spend 15-20 minutes prepping batter, pans, etc to put in in the oven. The problem with this recipe is, you can mix it together in the mug (I recommend a bowl, then pouring it into the mug) and then pop it in the microwave, start to finish....under five minutes.

(This was mine last night, I kept it light with only half the portion and topped with whipped cream and fresh berries)

As I mentioned to my friends that received this recipe yesterday. It's verrrry verrryyy: good for my sweet tooth, bad for my A$$.

(Besides myself, several of my friends tried making it last night. It gets a A+ for simplicity, a C for consistency. It's a little spongy. Next time I will try lower power on the microwave for a bit longer.)

No comments: