Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Champion of Fashion

As they say, behind every good man there is a great woman. In Jimmie Johnson's case he's got one impeccably dressed woman. If you don't know who Jimmie Johnson is, he is the now five time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winner. His wife Chandra is my fashion icon!

I don't usually write about NASCAR, as I work in this industry and like to keep my business (my job) and pleasure (blogging) separate, but in this case, fashion is also my pleasure and well, Chandra deserves just enough credit for dressing as her husband does for driving.

Let me give you a recap of Jimmie's Championship in pictures of Chandra's stunning dresses/ensembles.

First Championship down in the record books.....2006

Simply stunning with some edge. Can you say, someone knows how to accessorize? It all looks effortless, her hair, her makeup, the dress, the baubles. It is so much better than some of the other wives and girlfriends that look like they stepped off the Vegas show girls stage.


One is good, but two is twice as nice .....2007

Maybe it's the preppy in me, but show me plaid and you'll make me gasp with happiness. Chandra Johnson became my fashion icon with her 2007 ensemble. Again how effortless does she look, a plaid skirt, a white button down, and BAM...who's her husband....sorry I can't stop staring at her skirt. This is my favorite dress to date. Joan Rivers call me, lets do red carpet fashion talk about the NASCAR banquet. I have a crush on Chandra's closet...just sayin'.



Three times a Lady.....2008

Her husband can't be stopped on the race track, but damn it, his wife can't be beat on the red carpet. She just keeps getting it right time and time again. I won't lie, there are some starlets you see on red carpets that you hope just get it wrong just once, not Chandra, she's one of the women that you just can't wait to see what she's wearing. There is never a doubt that it is going to be spectacular. When you got it, you got it. The girls got style. Even though I am not a huge fan of pink, she actually makes me kind of like it.




Four and back for more.....2009

When NASCAR goes to Vegas, you expect tons of gaudy sequins and prom style hair (okay, I did see a few), but then here comes Chandra Johnson. Looking like a Grecian goddess in a a one shoulder dress. You can't see the detailing from this picture, but that's a zipper down the side. Holy hell, edgy and fabulous! When in Vegas always put your chips down for Chandra, the odds are always great that she will be the centerpiece of fashion desire.



FIVE, REALLY, FIVE in a row.....2010?!?

When Jimmie clinched the Championship, all I could think about was, oooo weeeeee what is she going to wear!!! I can't wait until next Friday night! It's going to be great I just know it. Everyone keeps saying how great Jimmie is, there is no denying him that, but you know how the Smithsonian has the First Lady's Inaugural ball dresses, The NASCAR Hall of Fame, needs a First Lady of NASCAR exhibit...seriously I would pay double the ticket price to look at these dresses. Chandra Johnson is to NASCAR as Jackie O' was to America, undeniable style, class, and grace.

No comments: