Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thing I learned while deer hunting



Before you start says how terrible it is... I want to say, that deer hunting is a good thing. What many people don't understand is that deer breed like rabbits! If the deer hunters of this world didn't hunt them for their meat, then they would probably overpopulate, spread disease around their species and kill themselves off.

So in theory...deer hunters keep their species on the planet.

Okay, so back to what I learned. I sat in the woods for quite a bit of time over the past weekend. I only saw a few doe (female deer for those that may not know the terminology) and two babies (yes...Bambi's) that were definitely practicing jumping over bushes (it was so much fun to watch). I enjoy just watching nature when waiting for the trophy buck to step in my sight!

Things I learned:
1. Falling leaves are really loud ( I kept thinking something was about to emerge from the trees...nope just the wind blowing and a bunch of leaves falling)

2. A 2 lb squirrel can make more noise than a 200lb buck with a rack full of antlers (next time I will start popping off the 'lil bastards)
3. It gets colder when the sun comes up than when its dark (It's really shocking)

4. You could almost hear yourself think if it weren't for the squirrels and armadillos making all sorts of racket breaking twigs and stepping on crunchy leaves (again, next time I will start popping off the 'lil bastards)

5. Mosquito's can carry you away (I think the combined weight of all the mosquito's that bit me in a 2.5 hour time frame weighed more than me)

6. When you absolutely need to be still and quiet because you see a deer, all the sudden you feel the need to scratch something (i.e. leg, arm, neck, MOSQUITO BITE) (self explanatory)

No comments: