Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Operation Lose It


Myself along with 5 other wonderful women have started a plan to help each other lose a few pounds. Each one of us a set a goal of what we would like to lose and will encourage each other along the way.

I am doing the weight watchers method, back in early 2006 I lost 11 pounds in 12 weeks doing this. I need structure. This time around, and being that it's summer instead of winter, there are a lot of fresh fruit and veggies available everywhere. I am eating a lot of fruit and vegetables and I am realizing I stay under my recommended 20 points without even trying.

So for those that don't want to do weight watchers, just stick to fresh fruit, veggies, lean meats, tons of water, and a small treat each day.

A product I want to suggest everyone is: Gorton's grilled Fillets. The come in several different ways, garlic butter, lemon butter, Italian herbs. But each fillet is only 100 calories and only 2 ww points per serving. Also a former co-worker that was on nutrisystem ate these for dinners as well. So they fit lots of diets.

A great meal that is very low in calories and weight watcher points is one of these fillets and a vegetable (I did squash one night and then asparagus last night) sauteed in one tablespoon of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil-just in case someone doesn't know the abbreviation). For a total of 3 points I had a great meal, and I even had points left over to have a 4 oz. glass of wine with dinner.

I think if you are dieting, don't starve yourself of the things your truly want, for me it's a glass of wine once in a while or a sweet treat, because if you neglect the pains for those things, you might over indulge later, so have a small glass of wine, or just 4 oz. of coke, because at the end of the day, it's about satisfying your taste buds, all they really want is a taste...so give it to them, and they will stop harassing you!!

No comments: