Friday, April 29, 2011

Same Year...TWICE!

Me: Born February 1982




Prince William of Wales: Born June 1982



Wedding of William and Catherine: April 2011




Our Wedding: June 2011



Okay now that you have the date/facts let me get to my point. In my baby book in the announcement of Prince William's birth. My mom decided to put it in there as something that was significant in my birth year. Which is now ironic...we are getting married in the same year.



Well I may have beat him into this world, which gave him the advantage of upstaging me in his arrival....how dare he? Who does he think he is, Royalty? Oh yeah....He is. Oh well, I will let you have this one!!


Now that he beat me to the alter, I have the upper hand! I will upstage he and Catherine's wedding.....




Oh wait, I don't have a country paying for it. Nor crowned jewels passed down from Kings and Queens of yesteryear. I'm sure that about a square inch of lace on Catherine's dress cost the same as my entire dress.




Only I can say is....At least my "prince" isn't starting to look like Prince Charles....ZING! I win I win!!



So now I ponder...Do I save the newspaper articles to include in my wedding album? As much as I think it's corny, I think it will be a fun fact for my future kids one day to know, that their parents got married the same year as British Royalty.



But then again....they'll look at their picture and then ours and ask, "Mom, why aren't you as skinny as her on your wedding day." Me: "Because I didn't know how to say no to desserts!"

No comments: